A good night's sleep is essential to your physical & mental wellbeing. Here are our top tips for your best night's sleep and the 101 on lockdown self-care.
Sleep your way to a healthier, happier you
Did you know that 7-9 hours is the recommended amount of sleep per day for adults? How many hours are you faring per night? From reducing stress to boosting your immunity, the physical and mental benefits of getting a full night’s sleep are aplenty.
Whether you’re a natural night owl or just got carried away binging your favourite Netflix series, life can often get in the way of a good night’s sleep. But don’t let it get you off track! Here’s your gentle reminder to prioritise your beauty ZZZs.
6 reasons why sleep is important
- A good night’s rest can naturally boost your mood and energy.
- Sleeping can sharpen your brain, doing wonders for your productivity and concentration levels.
- Sleep can power-up your gym seshs, improving your performance.
- Keeps your memories safe for blissful, nostalgic moments down the track.
- Well-rested sleep can improve your immune system and protect against heart problems.
- Fights off junk food cravings and helps to prevent unwanted weight gain.
If you’ve woken up a tad bleary-eyed, you can catch up on a bit of shut-eye during the day by having a 10- 20 minute power nap. While the ideal duration varies based on the individual, a short nap can leave you feeling restored and energised, without impacting your night-time beauty sleep.
Need some extra tips on how to enjoy our best night’s sleep? Read this blog.
The bottom line: Complementing your nutrition and exercise efforts, better sleep equates to better health. Balance is always the key – too much or too little sleep can both have a negative impact on your overall wellbeing.
The 101 on self-care during lockdowns
There’s no question that the COVID-19 pandemic has affected our daily lives, requiring us to adapt and reflect in order to move forward. Though it hasn’t been easy, to say the least, we also can’t ignore the “positives”. It’s given us the permission to slow down and value the things we cherish most.
The Papinelle team have also been adjusting to working from home, embracing the extra sleep-in time. Keeping each other’s wellbeing in check, we’ve also been brainstorming lockdown self-care tips which we’d love to share with you!
How to survive lockdown by practising self-care
- Complete a home-friendly workout challenge
- Start building a sleep-boosting ritual
- Create your own day spa by preparing a luxury bath
- Practise meditation to quieten your mind
- Invigorate your senses with essential oils and soothing candles
- Care for a new plant baby
- Catch up on some reading and let your imagination run wild
- Stay in touch with your loved ones online
- Do a social media detox
- Go for a walk or run and enjoy some fresh air
- Treat yourself to some retail therapy
Learning to expect the unexpected, there’s no better time to practise being kind to yourself and supporting those around you. Take the time to reflect on your life goals and start building positive, healthy habits that will get you there.
Sleep well with Papinelle
Having highlighted the importance of mindful rest and self-care, we’ve also collated our favourite products for the best night’s sleep of your life.
- Cosy up in luxury with our silk sleepwear collection
- Relax in soft comfort with our gorgeous loungewear pieces
- Enjoy your morning coffee in our signature robes
- Skip the dreaded sleep wrinkles with our silk eye masks and pillow slips
- Pamper your senses with our bath and home products
Want more ideas? Shop The Sleep Edit.